Now days, the most common way of making money from your website is to place PPC ads (Pay Per Click Advertisement) on it. Advertisers pay the publisher a fair amount whenever the ad is clicked. But which PPC advertisement model should a person use? Google AdSense is the most popular PPC ad model and even though it is the best choice for PPC advertisement, some of you might not be comfortable with their policies. So, today we would like to introduce you to a new alternative to AdSense i.e. Media.net, which is a Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program.
The Yahoo! Bing Network is the combined advertising marketplace, which made up of Yahoo!, Bing, and syndicated partner sites such as Facebook, Amazon, Monster, WebMD, CNBC, and Viacom, plus networks like The Wall Street Journal Digital Network. With ongoing platform enhancements and strategic account teams, it delivers the visibility and additional insights for connecting advertisers to the audience.
Media.net Yahoo! Bing Ad Network is the self-serve platform to create and customize ad units that display relevant text ads consisting of sponsored links and ad topics from the Yahoo! Bing Network. Since it is a Contextual ad network, users will see ads based on the context of the page, i.e. if your page context is about books, then only ads relevant to books would be displayed.
Media.net is an invite only program, i.e. an invite must be requested before registration. This is because they provide detailed attention to publishers (both large and small), and after analysis they offer highly customized solutions based on individual publisher needs. However, for getting an invite your page must have quality content. Although, the size of blog won’t matter while getting an approval, as it can be small or large but, it must have a good content. Here are some key features of Media.net ad program:
- Contextual Ads: Ads only relevant to the page are displayed.
- High Yield: By displaying highly relevant quality ads the earnings are maximized.
- Ease and comfort: Displaying an ad is simple, you just have to select ad size and copy paste the provided html code to your website.
- Focused on publishers: As mentioned earlier Media.net ad program is built only for publishers with quality content, so if you have quality content your earnings are maximized, as it would generate more ad dollars.
- Top Brands: The leading brands from the globe advertise on your page.
- 100% Fill Rate
- Huge Advertiser Pool: No matter how broad or niche your content is, the extensive Yahoo! Bing network have advertisers appropriate for your content.
- Mobile Ads: With mobile detection technology, mobile Ads are displayed whenever a smartphone is detected, this feature enables you to earn some extra money.
- Customization: A variety of ad customization options are available e.g. size, color etc. A skin gallery is also there and users can define their own color Platte. Using self-serve platform ad units can be created instantly and can be fully customized, according to site’s look-and-feel.
- Robust Targeting: Auto-learning algorithms match the most relevant advertisers to every individual page on your website.
- Dynamic Optimization: For each page, on an impression-by-impression basis, the system predicts and delivers the highest yielding option.
- Account Manager: A dedicated account manager (real person) is assigned.
- Real, personalized support: They provide you a great customer support. You can interact with a real person to help you with performance improvements, optimization and customizations.
To qualify for an invite, a websites must:
- Have high-quality content and traffic
- Have a reasonable volume of visitors already using the website
- Receive majority traffic from United States / Canada / United Kingdom
- Have English as the primary language
- Abide Program Guidelines of Media.net Yahoo! Bing Ad Network
Media.net Yahoo! Bing Ad Network offers two payment methods, PayPal and wire transfer. The minimum Payout threshold is 100$.
So, what are your thoughts on this relatively new ad network? Could it replace the ever-so-declining Google AdSense, or will it just become history like many others? Leave your opinions in the comments section below. All the best 🙂