Gone are the days when the blog used to be nothing more than a personal journal, a way for many internet users to voice their opinions and share their thoughts. Today, blogs are one of the biggest money earning sources for hundreds of thousands of people online. Blogs are a great way of earning money online and some people are earning millions of dollars through blogging!
As blogging evolved, bloggers started looking for advertisers to put ads on their pages. This was a tedious task since it was hard to find someone willing to advertise on your blog. Hence, various Banner Advertising companies came into being to help bloggers and also to earn some money. Once such company is BuySellAds.
What is BuySellAds?
For those of you who don’t know about BuySellAds, it’s one of the top advertising network for people interested in buying or selling advertisements. It has over 2,900 advertisers and provides a good opportunity for bloggers to earn by placing banner ads on their blogs. It works like this. Advertisers wanting to sell their products or services search for blogs that have banner space available. They then make a payment to BSA (BuySellAds) and hence buy an ad slot. Then blog they chose to advertise on gets the payment, minus a commission that goes to BSA (25% of your ad sales).
Why would you consider alternatives?
Why indeed? It looks like a comprehensive package for your advertising business. But the thing is, BSA are very strict about the blogs that can sign up for selling their ad space. They have a list of requirements that need to be fulfilled. And some fellow bloggers have reported that they get rejected even when all the requirements are met. Hence BSA are very choosy about the blogs they accept into their network. Plus, they deduct 25% from your ad sales. In that regard, there are other better networks that allow you to keep more of your earnings.
Some alternatives to BuySellAds
OIOpublisher is a great advertising network and perhaps the best alternative to BSA. It works different from other networks. OIOpublisher provides a plugin that can be installed on your site. The plugin has to be purchased at $47. But its a one-time investment only! If you look at the features, you will find its worth the money!
- The plug-in gives you complete control over the advertisement sales on your website. Can be installed as a WordPress plugin or as a standalone platform.
- NO commissions! Keep 100% of your earnings from ad sales!
- In-built affiliate program!
- Gain access to their exclusive Marketplace from where you can get more advertisers
- You can run any other ad network along with OIOpublisher
- Flexibility – All sorts of ads (text, banners etc). It won’t show empty spaces. Will display your own ads until those slots are purchased
- Saves your time! – Simple one-click installation. All ad purchases and expirations handled automatically.
- Good customer support – Prompt replies. They can be accessed through any social media website. They also offer tutorials and other support
AdvertiseSpace is also one of the best alternative to BSA (BuySellAds). It offers many features, some similar to BSA.
- They deduct 20 – 30% commission from your sales
- They allow sub-domain blogs (like yourblog.wordpress.com or something.blogspot.com etc)
- They pay out weekly thorough PayPal
- In-built affiliate program - Even if you don’t make ad sales, you can still earn if someone signs up to AdvertiseSpace by clicking on your banner. Referral rate is 5 – 10%
BlogAds is one old hag! They have been around for a long time, maybe even before BSA. And so their quality has improved a lot over the years. They also work similar to BSA and offer similar incentives
- They deduct 30% commission from your sales.
- Offer membership on three levels; Basic, Intermediate and Advanced, according to the amount of traffic you have
- Fixed ad slot price per month.
- Allow all sort of ads like OIOpublisher, including text ads
AdSella have entered the arena recently and have made a name for themselves in a quick span of time. They have gathered a lot of advertisers and publishers and pose some competition to the big guys
- One of the Fastest growing ad network
- Deduct a commission of 20%. Lower than most others (excluding OIOpublisher).
- Unlike BlogAds, you can fix ad slot prices for as long as you want
- Like AdvertiseSpace, AdSella also support sub-domain blogs
AdEngage is part of the Technorati Media Group, which means you can rely on it. It also has a great amount of advertisers and publishers.
- Cost Per Time basis – Ads are sold on a daily, weekly or monthly basis according to the advertisers’ needs. This method is similar to how BSA works.
- Cost Per Click basis – You earn money depending how many clicks you get on your ads. This is similar to how Google AdSense works. Hence, AdEngage is flexible in a way since it offers both models of advertising simultaneously.
- 25% commission from your sales goes to AdEngage
- Reliable services
- Provide good support to users
That concludes out list of top alternatives to BuySellAds you can try. If you have a better suggestion, then please leave a comment below. We are looking forward to your feedback