I hate ads. You hate ads. Almost everybody hates ads, except for manybe the people who make ads. Hell, even they might not like them. The point being that most of the times, you probably wait impatiently for the Skip button whenever an advertisment loads up in a YouTube video, or maybe curse inwardly (I’m just saying :P). But sometimes, some ads really click, so to speak. I wouldn’t watch a majority of ads, but I wouldn’t skip a really good one either. And as it turns out, there are many other people like me who wouldn’t skip a good ad, as indicated by Google’s report on the top 10 best performing YouTube ads in 2013.
1. Nike – Nike Golf: No Cup is Safe – 9,128,633 views
2. Microsoft – Child of the 90s | Internet Explorer – 8,797,321 Views
3. Toyota – Toyota RAV4 2013 Big Game Commercial “Wish Granted” – 6,111,078 Views
4. Samsung – Huge Bear Surprises Crew on EcoBubble Photo Shoot in BC – 5,887,234 Views
5. Mercedes – Kate Upton Washes the All-New Mercedes-Benz CLA in Slow Motion – 5,705,545 Views
6. Volkswagen – Volkswagen Game Day 2013 Commercial | Get In. Get Happy. – 3,502,311 Views
7. Audi – Audi 2013 Big Game Commercial – “Prom” – 3,422,075 Views
8. Toyota – Toyota Game Day Teaser “I Wish” Starring Kaley Cuoco (Official) – 3,208,036 Views
9. Actvision – The Replacer – Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Video – 2,959,747 Views
10. Nike – Nike Basketball | Kobe Bryant: #COUNTONKOBE – 2,558,900 Views
In fact, YouTube has released this report for January 2013, and has ranked ads based on their promotion and popularity. This really shows that some ads are really worth sticking around for, even if they are an inconvenience. So let’s a take at these most popular ads on YouTube, shall we?
That concludes the list. Hope you enjoyed. And besides enjoyment, there’s something to gain from these videos (advertisers, take the hint :P). They can, indeed provide insights into what constitutes a good and successful ad. Hope you liked this post, and will share it. Peace 🙂