Arnold Schwarzenegger is one of the most popular celebrities of US. He has been a part of many successful ventures and ideas. People all the world are his huge fans all because of his acting career. Soon after being a part of the entertainment world for quite a long time, he opted to try his luck in politics.
He became a part of the US politics twice as a Governor. He fulfilled his duties and served the country quite well, making his people love and adore him more. He has enjoyed all the love, grandeur and extravaganza throughout his successful career. He has a huge fan following. He is one of those people who keep trying new things in their lives and end up being successful in all of them. To get an insight of his life and know him more, check out Arnold Schwarzenegger as the most popular US Governor.
Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger, more commonly known as Arnold Schwarzenegger, is an Austrian-born American who was born on 30th July 1947. He is a former professional body builder, businessman, actor, politician and investor.
He was nicknamed as the ‘Australian Oak’ and the ‘Styrian Oak’ when he was into body building. He came to be known as ‘Arnie’ and the ‘Terminator’ during his acting career. When he moved on to being a Governor, he became known as the ‘The Governator’.
He began weight training at the age of 15 and won a Mr. Universe title at the age of 20. He has won Mr. Olympia contest seven times.
Arnold Schwarzenegger in Politics
Arnold Schwarzenegger has served the US government in two terms as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 to 2011. He was elected as a Governor on 7th October 2003 being a Republican to replace Gray Davis. He sworn on 17th November 2003 and he was elected again on 7th November 2006 in California’s 2006 gubernatorial election. He served as a full time governor by defeating the Democrat Phil Angelides. He swore in for his second term on 5th January 2007.
Arnold Schwarzenegger as an Actor
Arnold Schwarzenegger is one of those actors who spent their early acting life in struggling. His struggle and acceptance of changes made him a successful actor. From 1970 to 2013, he has been a part of approximately 40 movies.
Initially, he was not accepted anywhere. He was asked to change everything he had; be it his body, voice, name, lifestyle or anything you can think of. Soon came a time when everything he had became famous and he reached the top and enjoyed all the limelight.
Interesting Facts about Arnold Schwarzenegger
1) Arnold Schwarzenegger’s IQ level is 135.
2) His debut movie was a low-budget film “Hercules in New York” in which his named was changed to Arnold Strong and his voice was dubbed over someone else because of his poor English.
3) He owns a production house named Oak productions.
4) In 1992, an effect was named after him which was called ‘Shvartseneggerization’. It meant the replacement of live actors by virtual.
5) In 2002, there as a plan to make a Terminator monument in his city but Arnold refused to that.
6) Initially he started to play football under his father’s influence but at the age of 14, he opted for body building.
7) He has served in the Austrian army in 1965.
8) Arnold has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contributions to the film industry.
9) He has won the title of Mr. Olympia 7 times.
10) Arnold Schwarzenegger has a negative attitude towards the Japanese animation.
This is all from Arnold Schwarzenegger!